2/14/2005

Happy Valentines Day

Well we just got informed that another cyclone is heading this way. All the volunteers on outer islands are being boated in in the next few hours. Actually it looks like a nice day right now, but who knows when the night hits. Since I am really on a seperate island (I have a little bridge connecting me to the main) I was trying to get the PC to put me up at a hotel for the night. One with some air conditioning would be great. I tried to tell them that my little "fale" wouldn't make it through the storm, but it didn't work.

I'm not really that worried. I have a feeling it is going to just pass over, but I guess I should prepare just in case.

I've starting teaching at the local Primary School, which is going well. I'm bascially just reading books right now and talking. I hope to add a little more structure as time goes on. It's nice to be a new environment.

Work has been productive and I'm finding myself really busy these days (Tongan fashion that is). The disabilities program has taken a 180° turn and I've been able to take a step back and watch the teacher and participants blossom. My youth group has also been really proactive with committee work.

Before I forget...Happy Valentines Day!!!!
I hope everyone takes time out to appreciate the ones they care about. I spent the day at the beach swimming and eating some Cincinnati Chili, cooked on a portable stove under a tree (The taste from home has been my friend lately). A great day of fun and relaxation.

I hope everyone is enjoying life.
Love you all,
Adrianne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home