12/22/2004

Uike To'utupu

My trip back from Nuku'Alofa was great. We got to hitch a ride with the Crown Prince and his crew. He sat two seats in front of me. I was surprised that he spoke English the whole trip.
I was then welcomed back into my village with the notice that the village water pump had broken. After two weeks of no water the "water committee" still had not decided whether it was important enough to have a meeting to solve the problem. It is not only difficult for bathing purposes, but not being able to flush the toilet has been a major problem for me. I try to hold it and only go when I go to the office or another village. I've heard rumors that it will be back on in the short future.
This week was supposed to be my Uike To'utupu - Youth Week.
To say the least it has been a bust. All my planning and preparation has all gone down the tubes. We were going to have a greased pig contest, a relay obstacle course, a scavenger hunt, and a picnic. My youth President has been a pain in the you know what. I've tried to deal with him in a respectful and polite manner, but I feel it is about to turn ugly. I'm planning a revolt with my youth. I had a meeting last night to try and at least have the picnic before Christmas. Hopefully it will all work out.

I'm off tomorrow to go on a kayak trip. I'll let you all know how it goes.
I love you all.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adrianne

PS. New photos have been posted, just click on my "Photo Album" link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home