1/13/2005

Koniseti

So I survived Uike Lotu.
I ate some great food and spent time with some great people. Overall not too bad. The church part was bearable. I skipped out a few times and just went to the feasts.

This week has been slow. People are just starting to get back into the swing of work. I'm moving slowly in this direction because everything here in Tonga runs slowly. I hope to start up my youth meetings next week and have a girls night discussing reproductive issues. I'll let you know if any of that actually happens. This week was the close of the girls netball season. The netball team wants to have a picnic at the beach for the close of the season, so we needed some money. We had a koniseti this week which is a "concert" for fundraising purposes. Now don't think of the kind of concert we would have back in the States. This is totally different.
A DJ pumped music while each family had their name called. They are then expected to dance and donate money while the song is being played. I had my own song. I think I'm moving up in the world. I often wonder why everyone doesn't just hand someone a donation and be done with it, but everyone here seems to have fun and think this works just fine. We made over $300 pa'anga so Saturday we are off to the beach. More food and good times.

Wish I had more time.

Love you all,
Adrianne

1 Comments:

At 6:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Details...so what was your song? and...how much did you raise? Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home