9/06/2004

End of Training

I took a hot shower today!!!!!
It was my first in two months.
The joy I am feeling right now can't be put into words.

Training is coming to an end. I will miss my group, but I can't wait to move ahead. I have a lot to do before the big move. I keep putting shopping off, thinking that I have all the time in the world. Items here are so expensive so I need to decide what I need right now and what can wait a few months to purchase. My parents are pushing me to get a cell phone because my village only has one phone in the center of town. But I keep thinking - I'm in the Peace Corps, I shouldn't have a cell phone. I guess times are changing faster than I like to admit. I get tested today on my language skills. I'm not sure if my late night cram last night did me any good. I want a tutor anyway because I have a long way to go in my skills. The town officer in my village doesn't speak English and I would like to be able to communicate with him at some point.

Thanks to everyone for sending me birthday cards and presents. The positive vibes also made it all the way across the ocean. I am lucky to have you all in my life.

Love,
Adrianne

2 Comments:

At 10:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU GO GIRL! luv, mom

 
At 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have to say the goodvibes might have been a little latew getting there or early i dont know
i get this message saying
please remember the time change
what the hissy does that mean? how do i know what time to call you
how come it is always busy?
is this a cell or a sat phone?
did you get pictures i sent you?
email i mean
i got this great idea for you but its gonna take a second to get it together i just want you to be excited now
hehehehehe love joliolioliolioliolioliolio

 

Post a Comment

<< Home