6/08/2004

Need vs. Want

While packing up my life from the past five years, I've done some reflecting. I realize that I have a great amount of excess. Some things have provided me comfort. Others have been so called "necessities." I feel like I'm about to learn the difference between need and want.
Even while packing
- I need an IPOD for my music.
- I need a digital camera.
- I need to have a good rain jacket.
What I really need is what I already have...
A roof, some food, family, and friends.
If I'm having these thoughts right now before I actually leave the country, imagine me in two years. AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

This apartment has many great memories. It is a little sad to empty out the closets and lock up the doors. I feel like I've had my most growth during these years, if that's possible to identify. Okay, I'm getting sappy.
Kirstin & Derek are here in two days. Graduation is this weekend. No time to get sentimental right now. That can be left for my final few days here before departure.
Check you all later.
Adrianne

PS - I've added my Tongan address to the right. Please feel free to write to me as often as you'd like because I'm unsure how often I can check my email. Remember, I leave July 8th!!!!

2 Comments:

At 8:14 AM, Blogger Rara said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Rara said...

This is going to seem really random...

Hi, I'm Rachael, I live in Tonga. Just came across your Blog when looking to see if there were any other Bloggers in the area. I've been here 2 and a half years now, my Dad's with the Australian Army and is over here assisting the Tongan Defence Services with projects. Just thought I'd say hey, figure you wouldn't know anyone over here. If you want to ask any questions or anything about Tonga you can just email me at lil_miss_tonga@hotmail.com, or visit my Blog at http://i-got-shit.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home