8/09/2004

Hello from Okoa

My access to the internet has been limited. Sorry for the delay.
I'm in the village of Okoa on the island grouping of Vava'u.
It is truely beautiful up here. I'm staying with a host family that has 8 kids. My house seems to be grand central station for the village. The other night we had 17 kids dancing in the living room. Life is slow here, but not boring.
My family's horse had a fawn last night and I didn't even know she was pregnant. I walked out of the house to head towards school and there was a little fawn stumbling around. Moments like that when I realize how lucky I am.
I had a community meeting last night with the youth in the village and all went well. Everyone knows the peace corps and I am still learning all the names in my family.
My family treats me so wonderful, I feel guilty. They have little wealth but are willing to share everything.
I go to language classes every morning and then chill w/ the community in the afternoon. I normally watch rugby practice in the evenings and play with the kids.
I posted some pictures. I'm hoping to add some more in a few weeks.
Check the right under pictures!!!!
That is my old family and the village of Utulau.

I'm short on time so this is just a taste. I hope to post some more soon.
Love you all,

Adrianne

1 Comments:

At 9:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

8/11/04 "The Marin is Walking" doing 360's, bolting across the room..so excited, his legs have a hard time staying under his body!, luv, mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home