11/02/2007

Happy Halloween

Marin the Skunk


This was the most intense trick or treat evening I've ever experienced.
Decorations were finally lite and the candy was overflowing our bowls. Tevita and I were arranged on the front porch enjoying the weather and awaiting the kids dressed in imaginative costumes.
Our first Halloween in our new house! How exciting!

Everything started off normal with a few kids coming up to the porch saying trick-or-treat and thank you. But by quarter after six the mob began. I have never seen anything like it before. It was child after child standing in front of me with their bags open.
Oh look at the pirate...see the angel....Tevita, please get another bag of candy out of the house...What a cute cowgirl...open your bag....Candy...Bag....Candy...Bag....Trick or treat...Candy...Bag....Candy...Bag....Could you give me a hand Tevita?...Candy...Bag....Candy....Bag...Candy...Bag...Nothing
By 6:50 over 200 children had come through the line that had formed in front of our house. We were out of candy. I felt horrible. It was not even 7:00 and I was telling kids that we were out. My Mom ran over with some spare candy from her house, but it only lasted another 5 minutes while Marin helped me distribute the goods. Another 200 children passed by with only a smile to receive.
I was speechless. I had never seen such organized chaos. I'm still in shock, but looking forward to next year. I'll be better prepared.





Happy Halloween!

Adrianne