6/23/2006

COS Conference


A short flight to the capital and I met up with my fellow group 67 members to attend our Close of Service Conference. After reviewing all the requirements and logistics for completing our service, I did some major work on my resume. After being away from the academic world for two years it took a day just to find the right words to describe my service here in Tonga. So now comes the challenging part of entering back into the mainstream of American society. I’m in the beginning stages of my search for a satisfying, stimulating, and productive career, although the real hunt will begin in a month. This transition has me spinning in a hundred different directions, but I know I will land on my feet.

I’m starting to get sentimental as I look at the calendar and realize I only have 10 weeks left of service. I’m going to miss this place. I’m not sure I made humongous changes in the lives of the Tongan people, but I do know that I am leaving a different person from when I arrived. I happier person.

Love,
Adrianne

1 Comments:

At 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S

pEACE AND lOVE

Uncle Pieter

 

Post a Comment

<< Home