2/20/2006


So I guess an update is needed.

I have been in a bit of a lull trying to push ahead in work. The combination of many events as of recent has got me straying. Following all the funeral events, related meetings, and the hurricane scare I have been in need of some down time. I would think that living in Tonga down time would be in excess, but not in my village. Curiosity from children and neighbors about the death of Tessa accumulated with current village gossip has left me no respite.

So let me try and refocus. The vegetables from the youth project are outstanding and are selling well. We will soon start to replant to continue with this income generating scheme. Alonga disability program is currently on hold due to funding, but before long I expect it to blossom. A prospect for new leadership and expanding participants has given me a sense of hope. I guess time will tell, as the saying goes.

So for now, I look to the coming weeks when my Mom will join me. I’m hoping that seeing this beautiful country through new eyes will rekindle the affection that I once had.

Love,

Adrianne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home