11/27/2005

Fakamolemole - Sorry

Sorry for the delay in posting. I’ve been trying to wrap up all my loose ends before I head back for Christmas. So, where to begin?

The Okoa Youth Group’s vegetable garden is moving forward. In my work here I often feel like a Girl Scout trying to earn my next badge. It’s a half acre of land and we don’t quite have a good watering system figured out yet so I spend a great deal of time hauling water. I’m about to start doing rain dances in as extra effort to support this project.

A while ago I was pushing to get available funding from the Governors office to repair my village’s desolate Town Hall. I talked with everyone at the Governors office and in my village to assist in getting the plan moving. Even though it was a simple plan I was basically given the brush off because the village didn’t want to do the work and they said it wasn’t a realistic goal for the village at the time. Well suddenly a local comes up with the exact same plan and it seems like this “brand new idea” is just peachy. So our Town Hall is looking great with it’s new makeover. There are times to just keep your mouth shut and be happy that action is taking place.

I had a frustrating moment after doing my laundry the other day. I was at my neighbor’s house when some kids came by and told me that my laundry line had fallen. I raced home to find not only my clothes on the ground, but to see pigs deciding to share their love of mud with the bright colors on my clothes. I can tell I’ve been here over a year because my reaction was to just calmly shoo away the animals, grab a bucket, add soap, and the clothes, and let it soak for the afternoon.

So the plan for my travels:

I’m taking a 16 hour boat ride to the capital. Not the most pleasant part of the trip. After a few days there I’ll be on a flight to Fiji. Spend 4 days enjoying the countryside of Fiji then hop on a plane to LA. After almost a full day layover I’ll be on the redeye to home sweet Cincinnati. No doubt this will be a great trip.

I’m excited beyond word to see everyone.

See you all soon.

Love,

Adrianne

1 Comments:

At 9:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adrianne, I can't wait to see you too - I've already started packing! See you in 2 1/2 weeks!

Love,
Kirstin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home