12/08/2005

Pulupaki


So the first portion of my trip is over. As you can see in the picture the boat ride on the Pulupaki was lovely. I enjoyed a delicious meal of peanut butter and crackers while swaying on the cargo ship. The ride took 16 hours with two stops along the way. I think the sleeping pills did their job, because I managed to not get sick. A woman came aboard on the last stop and layed down two spots away from me. She did not do so well and I had to listen to vommitting for ten hours.

I'm here in Tongatapu for two days and them off to Fiji. I'll be home before you know it.

The morning I left my home in Vava'u, I woke up and noticed all my underwear was gone off my clothes line. I then noticed a couple of shirts and a pair of shorts were gone too. I can't believe someone had the nerve to steal my underwear. I raised a fuss, but soon realized I wasn't going to find the thief that day. I'm learning to let things go. If they needed a pair of underwear, they should have just asked. I'm hoping the thief was a girl.

More stories to come when I see you all face to face.

Love you,
Adrianne

2 Comments:

At 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like a shopping trip in LA is in order on your way home......
Looking forward to seeing you
Pieter

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger Dvorah (Deborah) Renate said...

i'm having fun reading about your experiences in Tonga... i grew up on Tongatapu, in Mu'a and Lafalafa to be exact, and it's cool to hear about familiar things...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home