12/03/2008

On her way

This coming Friday 12/5 is Vai’s original due date. I can’t imagine still being pregnant with her. Not only would I be humungous, but also I wouldn’t have had all this time to see her develop. She is growing into an awesome little pistol that I can’t wait to get to know even better.

I’m happy to announce that we’ve got the go ahead for discharge this coming weekend. Yes, you read that right…she’s coming home in a matter of a few days (fingers crossed). We scheduled a sleep over Friday night at the hospital where we will have a trial run followed by Q & A. We then review her discharge summary and schedule a ridiculous amount of follow up appointment, but then home sweet home.

It’s difficult to explain all that I’m feeling right now because it’s been such a long journey. My mind has jumped into hyper alert with plans and detail for the next few days. Physically I have a tingly sensation in my fingers and toes along with a knot in my throat. Anticipation is getting the best of me and I’m enjoying every minute of it. This has been a long time coming. Vai has been in the hospital now for 95 days and I can’t wait for her to experience more than her tiny cubicle.

Once home we’ll be in hibernation for the winter. The doctors don’t want her going anywhere except doctor’s appointment. Visitors will be a bit restricted as well, but once settled slowly you all can meet her. We all can’t wait.